Other OS Setup
Usenet News Setup
Web Page Setup
Windows NT 3.51 Setup
These instructions will serve to configure Windows NT's Remote Access
Server capabilities. These instructions are provided as-is by Texas.Net
and are not supported by the technical support department.
- In the Network Control Panel, click on Add Software.
- Add TCP/IP.
- Add Remote Access Software.
- Close down the Network Control Panel and then restart Windows NT.
- When Windows NT restarts, go to the Remote Access group.
- Double-click on Remote Access and then click on the Add
- Enter the name of the connection as TexasNet and the phone number
which you need to dial. This number should be on your confirmation packet.
- Click on Advanced if it is not already selected.
- Click on the Network button. This should open up the Network
Protocal Settings dialog.
- Check the PPP option.
- Click on TCP/IP Settings.
- Check Use server assigned IP addresses unless you are sure that
you have a static IP address. If you have a static IP address and know
what it is, click on Require specific IP address and fill in your
static IP address.
- Click on Require Specific Name Server Addresses
- If you are calling from San Antonio use:
primary DNS (22.214.171.124) and the secondary DNS (126.96.36.199).
- If you are calling from some other city use:
primary DNS (188.8.131.52) and the secondary DNS (184.108.40.206).
- Click OK when finished and you should be ready to connect to
Texas.Net with your Windows NT machine.