Other OS Setup
Usenet News Setup
Web Page Setup
Entering Your Information In SetInfo
SetInfo makes the process of configuring all your programs easy. It
takes the information that you give to it and writes it into all the
programs that you use with your Texas.Net account. Read below for some
tips on entering your information.
- After your computer has rebooted, go to the TexasNet Internet
program group and double-click on the SetInfo icon. The SetInfo dialog
box will appear.
- Enter the information. Real Name is what you would like
people to see as your e-mail name. The Login and
Password entries can be found on your confirmation packet. The
two Nickname areas are for use in the chat rooms of IRC. Make
sure you have your version of Windows selected and then click on
- You will now be on the Modem/Dialing Info tab. Select the
COM port that your modem is on. If you are using Windows 3.1 (and
not Windows 3.11) and you have a 28.8 kbps or higher modem, make
sure that you have Cybercomm Drivers checked under Comm
Drivers. Otherwise, keep it on Windows Drivers.
- Select the city that you are calling from as well as your modem
type. If you have a 33.6 kbps modem, select 28800 as your modem
- If you have call-waiting or you need to dial a number to access an
outside line, check the appropriate box.
- If you have a 14.4, 28.8 or 33.6 kbps modem, choose Default for
14400/28800 under Modem Baud Rate. Otherwise, choose
Other and type in your modem's baud rate. Click on the Next
Page button when you are finished.
- Make sure that PAP is selected under Trumpet Login
Technique. When finished, click on the Save & Exit
button. If you switched to the Cybercomm drivers, you will be prompted
to restart the computer. When finished, you my need to update your phone
Updating The Dial-Up Number
- After the reboot, double-click on the Trumpet Winsock icon. This
will open the Trumpet Winsock screen.
- From the menu, select Dialler and then Setup.cmd.
- A window will enter with a phone number in it. Check the chart below
to determine the correct phone number for your dial-in location and your
modem type. Phone numbers can be found on your Startup Kit or on our
Contact Info page.
- If the phone number needs to be changed, remove the number currently in
the window. If you disabled call waiting or if you need to dial 8 or 9
to get an outside line, leave that part of the number. Enter the correct
- Click OK. Look at the login name that appears next. It
should be the same as you entered in the SetInfo program, but with a
capital P in front of it. Click OK again. You will get a password
screen with a string of asterisks in it. Just click OK one last
Now you can download Microsoft
Internet Explorer or Netscape Navigator
or you may review our instructions on
using our software to download and install a copy of Netscape