Other OS Setup
Usenet News Setup
Web Page Setup
Thunderbird Email Setup
If you have any problems or need assistance with any part of this
installation, you may contact our technical support staff at the
numbers listed on your Startup Kit. If you are able to connect and
check your e-mail, Technical Support can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or by
filling out our Tech Support
Configuring Thunderbird Mail and Filters
- Start Thunderbird
- Click on 'Tools', then click on 'Account Settings'.
A new window will pop up.
- Click on 'Edit' in the new window, and click on 'Mail and Newsgroup Account Settings'.
- Click on 'Outgoing Server(SMTP)' in the list.
- Enter 'mail.texas.net' in the 'Outgoing Server' field, and make sure the
'Port' field has '25' in it.
*note - if you are not using Texas.net as your 'ISP'(internet access),
you will need to use your ISP's outgoing email server.
- Click on 'Add Account' towards the bottom of that window on the left hand side.
An 'Account Wizard' window will pop up that says 'New Account Setup.'
- Select 'Email Account', as the type of account you would like to create, then
click on 'Next'.
- Fill out the 'Your Name' field with your name, and put in your Texas.net email
address in the appropriate field. Click 'Next' when you have filled in the fields.
- Select 'POP' as the type of incomming email server you are using. In the 'Incomming
Server' field, put in 'pop.texas.net'. Click 'Next'.
- In the field 'Incomming User Name' and 'Outgoing User Name', put in your
username for Texas.net. Your username is everything before the '@texas.net'(example: just 'username', not email@example.com).
- In the field 'Account Name', enter the name you wish. The default name is fine.
- You should now be at a 'Congratulations' Screen. Verify all of the information,
and click 'Finish'.
To activate the Junk Mail filter included in Thunderbird, select Tools.
Select Junk Mail Controls, and then click on the 'Adaptive Filters' tab and select 'Enable adaptive junk mail detection'
You are now ready to start using email with Thunderbird.
|©1994-2003, Texas.Net, Inc.
All rights reserved.
$Date: 2004/04/05 14:15:14 $ (GMT)