Other OS Setup
Usenet News Setup
Web Page Setup
Microsoft Outlook is the full featured version of Outlook not
to be confused with it's free counterpart, Outlook Express.
What follows are simple step by step instructions for configuring this
program to send and receive email.
If you have any problems or need assistance with any part of this
installation, you may contact our technical support staff at the
numbers listed on your Startup Kit. If you are able to connect and
check your e-mail, Technical Support can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Outlook Mail Setup
- Start Oulook.
- Click on 'Tools', and then
'Email Accounts'. From the 'Email Accounts' menu that
appears, click on 'Add a new e-mail account', and then click on'Next'.
The following fields will be displayed on the next window:
- On the field 'Your Name', type in your Full Name.
- On the field 'Email Address', type in your Texas.net Email Address.
- On the field 'User Name', Enter your username at Texas.net Your username is everything before the '@texas.net'(Example, just 'username', not 'email@example.com'.
- On the field 'Password', enter in your password. You may select
'Remember Password(directly below the field) so you will not be prompted for the
password each time you check your mail.
- On the field 'Incoming mail Server (POP3)', type in 'pop.texas.net'.
- On the field 'Outgoing mail server (SMTP)', type in 'mail.texas.net'.
- Make sure that Log on using Secure Password Authentication (SPA) is *NOT*
checked.(it shouldn't be checked by default).
- Click 'Next' in the lower right hand corner, then click on 'Finish'
You are now done setting up mail for the Full Version of Outlook.
|©1994-2003, Texas.Net, Inc.
All rights reserved.
$Date: 2004/04/05 14:15:14 $ (GMT)