Other OS Setup
Usenet News Setup
Web Page Setup
Outlook Express Setup
Windows includes Outlook Express.
What follows are simple step by step instructions for configuring this
program to send and receive email.
If you have any problems or need assistance with any part of this
installation, you may contact our technical support staff at the
numbers listed on your Startup Kit. If you are able to connect and
check your e-mail, Technical Support can be reached at email@example.com.
Outlook Express Mail Setup
- Start Oulook Express.
- Click on 'Tools', and then
'Accounts'. From the 'Internet Accounts' menu that
appears, click on 'Add', and then click on'Mail'.
A new window pops for you to walk through configuring your mail.:
- Click on 'Create a new Internet mail account', then
- Type your name in the 'Display name:' field, then click on
- Enter your full e-mail address (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the
'E-mail address:' field, then click 'Next'.
- Make sure 'POP3' is selected under 'My incoming mail
Type pop.texas.net in the 'Incoming mail (POP3 or IMAP)
Type mail.texas.net in the 'Outgoing mail (SMTP)
server' field, then click 'Next'.
- Enter your username (as it appears on your Startup Kit) in
the 'Account name:' field, and then enter your password
into the 'Password' field. You may select 'Remember
Password so you will not be prompted for the password each time
you check your mail. Click on 'Next'.
- Click 'Finish' on the 'Congratulations' screen.
- Click 'Send and Receive' to check your Texas.Net e-mail account.
|©1994-2003, Texas.Net, Inc.
All rights reserved.
$Date: 2004/04/05 14:15:14 $ (GMT)